Let's get you started
We want it to be as easy as possible to get started with Cryptitan so we have built an easy to use installer that automatically helps you setup your server and other dependencies such as database, redis, BitGo server, ethereum node, cron jobs, supervisor, nginx, php, websocket service... just to name a few.
- OS: Linux (Ubuntu 18.04 or later)
- Architecture: 64bit (x86)
- Memory: 4gb+
- Storage: 50gb+
Create a new user account on the server, it is under this account, Cryptitan needs to be installed. Do NOT install Cryptitan as root user! You can create a user account using the following command (where 'neoscrypts' is the username):
sudo useradd -m neoscrypts
- Navigate to the home directory: i.e.
- Upload the zip file obtained from the marketplace to the home directory.
- Next, using SSH Terminal, login as the created user account, and navigate to the home directory. i.e.
- Unzip the uploaded source file
- Now you should have a folder named:
- For convenience sake, rename this folder to just
rsync -a cryptitan-1.0.0/ cryptitan/
- Verify the folder
/home/neoscrypts/cryptitanwhich should contain all Cryptitan source files.
- While logged in as the created user account (SSH Terminal), Navigate to the project's folder: i.e.
- Create your
.envfile using the command:
- After environment setup, build and start Cryptitan
./cryptitan up -d
This will make cryptitan available to the outside world through your domain.
- While logged in as the created user account (SSH Terminal). Navigate to the user's home directory: i.e.
- Download the Network tool using the command:
git clone https://github.com/neoscrypts/docker-nginx
- Navigate into the created
- Checkout to the 2.x branch:
git checkout 2.x
- Then start up the service:
./nginx up -d
Cryptitan should now be accessible through your configured domain. (Make sure your domain is already pointed to your server's IP address).