Let's get you started
We want it to be as easy as possible to get started with Cryptitan so we have built an easy to use installer that automatically helps you setup your server and other dependencies such as database, redis, BitGo server, ethereum node, cron jobs, supervisor, nginx, php, websocket service... just to name a few.
- OS: Linux (Ubuntu 18.04 or later)
- Architecture: 64bit (x86)
- AVX support on CPU
- Memory: 8gb+
- Storage: 60gb+
Create a new user account on the server, it is under this account, Cryptitan needs to be installed. Do NOT install Cryptitan as root user! You can create a user account using the following command (where 'neoscrypts' is the username):
sudo useradd -m neoscrypts
For the rest of the installation guide, we will use neoscrypts as reference for the newly created user account.
Don't install Cryptitan as root user!
- Navigate to the home directory: i.e.
- Upload the zip file obtained from the marketplace to the home directory.
- Next, using SSH Terminal, login as the created user account, and navigate to the home directory. i.e.
- Unzip the uploaded source file
cryptitan-source-file.zip here is the name of the zip file as downloaded from the marketplace. Example of the zip file, downloaded from CodeCanyon looks like: codecanyon-71g9eMsC-cryptitan-multi...
- Now you should have a folder named:
- For convenience sake, rename this folder to just
rsync -a cryptitan-1.0.0/ cryptitan/
The ending slash "/" of the source and destination directory is required.
1.0.0in the folder name represents the version you are installing.
- Verify the folder
/home/neoscrypts/cryptitanwhich should contain all Cryptitan source files.
Don't rename your project folder, after the first build. If you do so, Cryptitan will rebuild on a new instance, similar to a fresh install.
- While logged in as the created user account (SSH Terminal), Navigate to the project's folder: i.e.
- Create your
.envfile using the command:
- After environment setup, build and start Cryptitan
./cryptitan up -d
If you have properly configured your environment file as described, the server should successfully build and start. It takes about 20 minutes to complete.
If the compilation stops with an "unhealthy" message, it means that the environment variables were not properly configured. You will need to stop cryptitan using the command:
You have to check the logs to see the compilation error:
./cryptitan logs -f application
Copy the output of the logs and save in a text file. You should send the text file to us through our support channel.
Wewill be able to tell you which one of your environment value was misconfigured.
This will make cryptitan available to the outside world through your domain.
- While logged in as the created user account (SSH Terminal). Navigate to the user's home directory: i.e.
- Download the Network tool using the command:
git clone https://github.com/neoscrypts/docker-nginx
- Navigate into the created
- Checkout to the 2.x branch:
git checkout 2.x
- Then start up the service:
./nginx up -d
Your domain, as specified in the environment file, as well as the www. version, must be pointed to your server's IP address. i.e both example.com and www.example.com must be pointed to your server's IP address.
Cryptitan should now be accessible through your configured domain. (Make sure your domain is already pointed to your server's IP address).